Tuesday 8 July 2014

More Death's Head Hawk Moths

Bug Mad Girl has enjoyed carrying around the new moth and listening to it squeak at her. They're quite feisty and likely to fly off, so you have to watch them. When they're going to fly, they start revving up their wings, so that's the time to put them back in their cage.

Here she is with the moth on her hand and on her school dress.



Meanwhile, the second pupae didn't hatch last night, so I am keeping an eye on it to see if I can get some pictures of it hatching. It's been wriggling and twitching a lot, so I'm expecting it to hatch any time now. No doubt I will miss the whole thing, but I will try my best.

You can clearly see the shape of the moth, with the head end to the right of the picture. You can see the round eye and a twisted antennae, then the wings with the lines on are folded against it's segmented body.

No comments:

Post a Comment