Friday 11 July 2014

Nettle news

I had a quick look at the nettle patch today to see what was going on. I found a very handsome shield bug just hanging out. The Ladybird larvae seem to have gone (presumably they're pupating), but the ants are still loving their aphids. I could only see them on two nettle stems, but there are a lot of them on those stems! I also noticed lots of webs in the leaves, so I had a look at one of them and there's a semi-transparent caterpillar inside. Probably a moth of some sort, but I'm not sure.

Shield Bug
The aphids are thriving under the care of the ants
Lots of leaves have a web on them

A caterpillar inside each web

I also noticed lots of little black beetles living inside some Evening Primrose flowers.


I think I may have a little problem with Black fly on my Nasturtiums.  I need the Ladybirds to hatch and eat them all up for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment