- The Bug Mad Girl blog got a mention in BBC Wildlife magazine. Bug Mad Girl and I are both still over the moon about it!
- Doing the Big Butterfly Count and seeing lots of butterflies, including the Brown Argus.
- Watching the lovely baby birds in the garden, in particular the Robins, Blackbirds and Sparrows.
- Finding Chiltern Gentian in a beautiful secret garden.
- Watching the cheeky rats that occasionally make an appearance on the patio.
- Walking in the rain and finding huge Roman Snails.
- Bug Hunting at College Lake nature reserve.
- Finding a dying baby rat - very sad, but still something we both won't forget.
- Seeing a Buzzard sitting on a road sign just around the corner from our house.
- Observing the Hover Robins trying to be Hummingbirds to get the bird cake.
- Seeing a Hummingbird Hawk Moth in the garden.
- Our trip to Ireland - exploring the Burren, playing in the rockpools and finding a fox in Grandad's back garden.
Thursday, 4 September 2014
August has been very busy with the summer holidays providing plenty of time for adventures. Some of our favourite have been: