Sunday 25 January 2015

A raven in the garden?

I was making breakfast this morning when I noticed an enormous black bird in a tree just outside the garden. It was far bigger than a crow or a rook - they sit around in the trees all the time. It was it's size that first caught my attention, similar to a red kite sat in a tree, so I grabbed the camera and crept outside to get a better look.


It was sat there calling to a second one that I could hear calling back, but couldn't see. It seemed quite confident and wasn't worried about me being there at a distance. It only flew away when I moved a bit too close. It's call sounded a bit like a crows, but louder and harsher.



There are supposed to be a few ravens around here, but they're pretty uncommon and I've never seen a wild one before. Does anybody know if that is a raven? If not, I guess it must have been a massive crow, but I hope it was a raven!

8 comments:

  1. Notwithstanding the undeniable advantages of new naturally developed foods grown from the ground, an all around tended greenhouse gives both productive recreation and serious mental movement in your arranging and execution. Taking in the unpredictability of the workmanship require both mental, physical exertion and in some cases proficient tutor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No longer delaying to get famed today. Buy Facebook Followers as a tactic to gain status and authority on the internet in a short duration. buy facebook followers cheap

    ReplyDelete
  3. No longer longing to get well known right now. Buy Facebook Followers as a strategy to increase popularity and acceptance on the internet in a small duration. buying facebook followers

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will certainly brings good results into your business and also enhance your company sales quickly. buy usa facebook fans

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy to find this post very useful for me, as it contains lot of information. I always prefer to read the quality content and this thing I found in you post. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The post is very nice. I just shared on my Facebook Account.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing this knowledgeable blog with us, truly a great informative site.

    ReplyDelete